Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassador program and have been provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. Read more at ad-for-verizon.com.
Back in March, I published a post called A Day of Firsts. I had been so excited to announce that I would be participating as a Verizon Wireless Ambassador. Sadly, my time as a Verizon Wireless Ambassador has come to an end. I thought I would share some of my favorite posts with you, along with some ending thoughts on the program.
My favorite Verizon posts:
It Can Wait … Take the Pledge Today – no text is worth losing your life or taking someone else’s life. Take the pledge to NOT text and drive. Seriously people. PUT THE PHONE DOWN when you drive. There are so many close calls daily and sadly, many direct hits. Must send a text right away? Pull over. Stop. Text. Then starting driving again.
Blackberry Z10 vs Droid DNA vs iPhone 5 – I was fortunate during this experience to win a Droid DNA. This posts compares the Verizon provided Blackberry Z10 plus the phones I switched between – the Droid DNA and iPhone 5. In case you are wondering, I am now using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (paid for by me).
Bye Bye Blackberry, Hello Blackberry? – My first phone to test was a Blackberry Z10. The second phone was a Blackberry Q10. More on this later. I will say that while I loved the Blackberry Z10, its lack of many of the popular apps was the downfall for the company.
Get the Edge. Upgrade When You Want. – One of the reasons, I like this post is that I am now on the Edge plan. The chance to upgrade every 6 months if I want? I will take it. As a gadget lover who always wants the next big thing, this is the perfect plan.
Power Pack Slim 2000 – This has quite possibly been my favorite accessory to play with. It is small, portable, and powerful. I carry it any time I think I might be away from a charger, but using any of my devices extensively. With a price point of around $40, this would make a great gift for the gadget lover in your life. And the best part is they are letting us keep this. WOOHOO!!!
Let’s start with the positives first …
1. I LOVE Verizon. I loved them before I got asked to do this and will (hopefully) continue to love them. We have used Verizon probably for 10 years now. Through all of our travels we had exceptional service when others didn’t. Nine times out of ten I find their customer service to be exceptional. Yes, every now and then there is the one employee you don’t want to talk to, but that is few and far between. When I was ordering my Galaxy Note and then setting it up, I talked to some of the nicest employees around. And they had no idea I was an Ambassador. In our office building people with Verizon service can stay in the building and talk on their cell phones. Those people going outside to talk have different carriers.
2. It was fun getting to test new gadgets and accessories. Again, as a gadget lover, getting to play with new devices is right up my alley. I really enjoyed getting to test the Blackberry Z10. I think if Blackberry released the Z10 years ago instead of the Blackberry Storm, they might be a viable player in the smart phone market. As it is, they are declining rapidly.
3. The communication and community for the Ambassadors was excellent. We always knew what was going on, what we should be working on, and had a place to ask questions if needed. When shipping problems arose (FedEx swore I didn’t work in my office building), they were able to help me sort everything out.
And a few negatives …
1. While I enjoyed playing with my first phone the Blackberry Z10, I was really, really disappointed that my second phone was the Blackberry Q10. I was really hoping to test a Windows phone or maybe even a new Android phone. Having two phones back to back with the same operating system was unnecessary and pointless in my opinion. Especially since the writing was on the wall that Blackberry was in trouble. I was not the only Ambassador that felt this way and I think they should have paid more attention to our frustrations. Especially since we got a note a while back to stop talking about the Q10.
2. That my time as an Ambassador is over. No more test gadgets. No more Ambassador community.
There it is. The good and the bad. All in all, I would do it again tomorrow if they asked.
If you could test products from any company out there, which one would you pick?
Have a great day!